Who would not love pork chops for dinner? The traditional way of preparing a pork chop is you can either fry or grill them. But, you can make your own experiment of cooking them such as by adding delicious sauces.
Barbecue pork chops are perfect meal for lunch or dinner. It can pave away the stress after a long tiring day. Likewise, it’s very easy to prepare and you can cook them in less than an hour.
You may prefer boneless pork chops, but you can also try boned pork chops. As much as you want to experiment your own barbecue pork chops recipe, you can also experiment the sauce and seasoning that you’ll use.
Baked BBQ Pork Chops
An oven baked BBQ pork chops can make a big difference on the way you prepare pork chops. This is true especially if your family loved barbecued ribs.
As you’ll bake the pork chops, you can expect that it will turn out delicious and tender. The seasonings and sauces play big part in achieving a next-to-perfect flavor, but if you’ll choose bone in pork chop you can expect that they’re more flavorful.
Another technique to enhance the flavor of a baked BBQ pork chops is sear them before baking. It also improves the color and appearance of the pork chops.
If you want to try this way of preparing your favorite pork chops, you can consider this recipe;
Oven Baked Barbecue Pork Chops
- 2 tbsp. canola or olive oil
- 4 to 6 pcs. and ¾ inch thick bone in pork chops
- 2 to 3 tbsp bbq rub
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 small onion, cut
- 1 ½ cups homemade or branded barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup apple juice or apple cider
Directions of cooking
- Preheat the oven and set the temperature to 375°F. Heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Mix the dry rub and brown sugar together in a small bowl. Apply the dry rub on each side of the meat and the mixture as well.
- Place the pork chops into an oiled roaster pan or baked dish, and place the ring-cut onions on top of the pork chops.
- Put the bake dish inside an oven and bake the meat for 25 minutes.
- Mix the apple cider and barbecue sauce in a separate bowl. Using a brush, apply the mixture on both sides of the chops and drizzle the remaining sauce atop of the chops.
- You can put again the chops in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Once the chops are done, you can remove them from the oven and serve.
Image source: iheartrecipes.com